Oct 24, 2014

October. Surprise!

The VA mess
The IRS
Where did those crises go?

The few rebukes
To Iran’s nukes
Come from a TV show

There was that plane
In the Ukraine
And one more flight that vanished
But any thoughts
Of those reports
Have from our brains been banished

The story’s gone
And we move on
To film the next disaster
You know my views
On breaking news
The cycles just come faster

And when I’ve had
A day that’s bad
Amidst a bleak and blues week
I think with joy
How, as a boy
I’d read my Time and Newsweek

The only bleat
They all repeat
Concerns the next election
As we advance
We have the chance
To pause for some reflection

I’ve heard the shouts
From those with doubts
And, on the web, the chatter
It’s just a game
They’re all the same
It doesn’t really matter

Don’t think that way
Resolve today
To let your vote be counted
With Congress filled
By some more skilled
Our ills can be surmounted
 
No pol can make
A path to take
That’s strewn with palms and petals
But I prefer
The way things were
To dust that never settles.

No comments: